Friday, April 2, 2010

Hammock ▼ Breathturn



I'm back at it again. Friends and loved ones leaving the country for the holidays, extra time for me to write. March in Singapore has been eventful, thanks to
Mosaic - a local music festival bringing in the likes of Dinosaur Jr, Echo & the Bunnymen, Florence + The Machine, Shugo Tokumaru, St. Vincent (of which the latter three I attended) plus a buttload of both local and regional acts coming together. To add to the growing anticipation, ambient super giants - Hammock - will be releasing their newest yet,

"Chasing After Shadows...Living with the Ghosts"

this coming May 18th. The core of the group is mainly thier dreamy ethereal vocals, swooping instrumentals which are structured and truly uplifting. Just what we (or I) need right now. I do not want to sing my praises too highly, seeing as I haven't gotten hold of a solid copy of Chasing After Shadows as of late, BUT, Hammock's duo, Marc Byrd & Andrew Thompson, did release Breathturn, a track from their latest though. And here it is, enjoy.


Hammock - Breathturn from David Altobelli on Vimeo.


More details can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment